- Best book: “A Court of Mist and Fury” by Sarah J. Maas
- Best series: “Red Rising” Trilogy by Pierce Brown
Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the new year
- Claire North – Pen name of author Catherine Webb, under which she writes incredible thrillers with a supernatural twist! I’m hooked on her novels and will continue to devour everything she puts out.
- Sarah J. Maas – Okay, so maybe this wasn’t considered “recently”, but it was primarily within the last year, and I can’t get enough of her writing! I’m biting my nails down to nubs waiting for the next installment in both of her series. My impatience is at a level even I can’t fathom!
Most anticipated book turned movie/tv show?
For 2016, it was definitely
- “The Jungle Book” by Rudyard Kipling – and it was amAZing! Although it was more of an adaptation of the original Disney film and less Rudyard Kipling’s novel, it was still a good watch for what it was!
For the year 2017, I have to go with television – well, sort of…
Hulu is releasing a television show based on “A Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood (trailer below!)
Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one)
- Rhysand from “A Court of Mist and Fury”… easily. (Fan art below)
What’s your Top 5 books/series on your 2017 T.B.R.?
(I haven’t read these yet???!! – I know! I know!)
- “The Lightbringer” series by Brent Weeks
- “The Heroes of Olympus” series by Rick Riordan
- “The Queen of the Tearling” series by Erika Johansen
- “Underdogs” by Markus Zusak
- “Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell” by Susanna Clarke
How many books do you hope to read in 2016?
- I am hoping to read at least 5o this year!
Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge or any others (PopSugar, Read the Books You Buy, etc.)
- Goodreads! I only set my challenge to 50 books this year because I didn’t quite make it to 70 last year. We’ll see how things go!
Any New Year’s Resolutions? (Bookish, blogging, and otherwise)
- Bookish – Try to fight against any book reading slumps I may have this year! (And stick to reading at least one book per week when I can.)
- Blogging – Try not to go more than two weeks without a Review, Book Tag, Top 5, or any other post for this site.
- Otherwise – Simply live life to the fullest! Carpe Diem!